Subject: bug#58103: [PATCH] docview: imenu access to table of contents

From: Jose A Ortega Ruiz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 17:18:41 +0100

On Tue, Sep 27 2022, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Jose A Ortega Ruiz <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> The patch below provides a quite simple implemetation of an imenu for
>> doc-view, using mutool.  That means of course that is limited to systems
>> where it's installed, and doesn't try to be too smart, but it's been
>> working quite well for me. 
>
> Looks good to me; pushed to Emacs 29.

excellent, thanks a lot!

> (Using `let-alist' is pretty unusual, but I guess it's nice that
> somebody does -- there only seems to be two other usages in-tree in
> Emacs since this was added in 2014.  🙃)

i find it handy when the let body is small, otherwise it can make things
harder to read.  but i'm not specially attached to it if we prefer more
idiomatic ways.

cheers,
jao