Subject: Re: bug#5809: 23.1.94; cross-reference by anchor yields in accurate position

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 09:12:37 +0300

> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 01:04:45 +0300
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> >> IOW, using an after-string would probably be an OK compromise for 23.2
> >> (better than dropping breadcrumbs altogether).
> >
> > I'll try to implement an after-string for 23.2.
> 
> To be able to click on links that are not part of the Info file
> and don't have the "*Note" format, this patch adds two new commands
> `Info-mouse-follow-link' and `Info-follow-link' plus a new keymap
> `Info-link-keymap' (it's like `Info-up-link-keymap' and friends).
> 
> `Info-insert-breadcrumbs' is renamed to `Info-breadcrumbs'
> that returns a string with links.

Thank you!

> There are still a problem.  I can't find a way to move the cursor
> inside the overlay's after-string and click links inside it.
> Any suggestions?

Does it work to change the character of the overlay string on which
you put the `cursor' property?  (You will need to redefine C-f, C-b,
and friends for that.)