Subject: python-bokeh package contains prebuilt javascript.

From: Diane Trout <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 15:22:42 -0700

Hi,

I noticed that the guix packaging for bokeh just downloads the source
code from pypi. But that source unfortunately contains some prebuilt
javascript.

Mostly it's source readable but there's a few .min.js files as well.

And it wouldn't pass Debian's submission guidelines since the
javascript code is compiled from other projects. I'm not sure what your
policies are on prebuilt javascript.

>From one of the guix install directories I found 519 .js files, of
which 18 were .min.js files.

/gnu/store/xwf87w9v7g7vphci39v34zgyxg8w31f5-python-bokeh-
2.4.3/lib/python3.9/site-packages/bokeh$ find . -name "*.js" | wc -l
519

/gnu/store/xwf87w9v7g7vphci39v34zgyxg8w31f5-python-bokeh-
2.4.3/lib/python3.9/site-packages/bokeh$ find . -name "*.min.js" | \
wc -l
18

Diane