Subject: [bug#58074] [PATCH staging v3 1/2] gnu: cyrus-sasl: Set SASL_PATH to find plugins

From: Samuel Fadel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 19:48:37 +0100

Hi,

Reily Siegel (2022-12-23 14:27 -0500):
> From: Morgan Smith <[email-masked]> 
> 
> * gnu/packages/cyrus-sasl.scm (cyrus-sasl)[native-search-paths]: 
> Add "lib/sasl2" to SASL_PATH --- 
> 
> I added the patches from this issue to a personal Guix checkout, 
> and was unable to build cyrus-sasl-xoauth2 due to autogen.sh 
> being an executable file without a shebang. This updated patch 
> sets the permission bits to o400, so that the bootstrap phase 
> passes autogen.sh to /bin/sh, rather than attempt to execute it 
> directly.

I have tested the patch from Reily and it works for me. Solved my 
issue of not having cyrus-sasl-xoauth2 packaged in Guix yet. Is 
this ready for merging?

Samuel