Subject: [bug#58072] [PATCH] gnu: Add python-textual.

From: Brian Kubisiak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 05:30:06 -0700

> You download the sources twice: Once from pypi, and another time from
> GitHub as "test" input. I would suggest you use directly the GitHub
> sources as main sources. Then you also don't need the modified 'check
> phase.

The GitHub sources are built with poetry and do not have setup.py or
setup.cfg; in order to use the existing python-build-system, the
package must be built from the PyPi sources. The other option would be
to disable the tests completely instead of downloading them from
GitHub, but I think keeping the tests is a better option.

> As an example, I found python-identify, which also comments on the
> sources that there are no tests in PyPi

The patch I wrote is based on python-rich (which is a similar package
by the same author).

> (please add that comment too, it makes it clear why not to use
> PyPi).

I've already got that comment here:

> +        ;; The release on pypi comes without tests.  We can't build from this
> +        ;; checkout, though, because installation requires an invocation of
> +        ;; poetry.

Thanks,
Brian