Subject: Re: bug#58071: 28.2; [PATCH] jumprel: A tool to find/create related files

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 13:38:05 +0300

> From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 10:43:48 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> > I guess the doc string of jumprel-jumpers would be a possibility.
> 
> `jumprel-jumpers' is in jumprel.el which is independent of
> jumprel-recipe.el. I would like to keep the responsibility clean if
> possible.

jumprel-recipe.el is AFAICT devoid of any recipe-related public APIs,
so I don't see how such a separation can be possible.  I also question
the motivation: is jumprel.el really independent of the inner workings
of the recipes as implemented in jumprel-recipe.el?  The interface
doesn't seem to me abstract enough to justify the separation.  Even if
I did agree that documentation must always be in the same place as the
code.  Which I don't necessarily agree with: there are many examples
when documentation and implementation are physically on different
files.

Anyway, you asked for suggestions, and I gave you one.  I still think
there's nothing wrong with it, but feel free to add the documentation
in some other place which looks more correct to you.