Subject: bug#58067: 29.0.50; Miscomputation of percentage width in vtable--compute-width

From: Pierre Lairez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 12:58:26 +0200

(eq (vtable--compute-width nil "100%") (window-width nil t))
shoud be true.

In the file lisp/emacs-lisp/vtable.el, in the function
vtable--compute-width, do not handle percentage argument, like "50%",
correctly. A division by 100 is missing.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2022-09-20 built on ogoshi
Repository revision: f419c507a778b87edd95983e8ea37f162ce50bf3
Repository branch: makepkg
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201003
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
 --with-native-compilation --with-xinput2 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --without-xaw3d --with-sound=no --without-gpm
 --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM
XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix