Subject: Re: bug#5806: Tai Viet script

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 17:08:37 -0700

Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> writes:

> language/tai-viet.el contains some encoding errors, apparently the
> conversion from the temporary PUA encoding was erroneous.  I've tried to
> fix it by comparing the glyphs from the "Unified Thai (20.02.2006)" font
> with the "Tai Heritage Pro" font from sil.org, but some characters still
> look wrong (ꪁ ꪅ ꪰ) when compared with the version from VietThai-0.9, and
> one character () is still encoded in the temporary encoding where I
> cannot find a replacement.

[...]

> -	      (sample-text . "TaiViet (ꪁꪫꪱꪣ ꪽꪕ)\t\tꪅꪰꪙ꫃ ꪨꪮ꫃ ꪁꪫꪱ / ꪅꪾ ꪨ� ꪁꪫꪱ")
> +	      (sample-text . "TaiViet (ꪁꪫꪱꪣ ꪼꪕ)\t\tꪅꪰꪙꫂ ꪨꪮꫂ ꪁꪫꪱ / ꪅꪽ ꪨꪷ ꪁꪫꪱ")
>  	      (documentation . "\

[...]

> -    http://www.m17n.org/TaiViet/
> +    http://www.m17n.org/viettai/
>  ")))

As far as I can tell, you applied this patch a few months later, so I'm
closing this bug report now.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no