Subject: Re: bug#5806: Tai Viet script

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 11:01:06 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 02:11:29 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > The file still contains the bogus character `' which needs to be fixed.
> 
> OK; I've reopened the bug report.
> 
> Is there a replacement for "" now?  It's been nine years, so perhaps
> Unicode (or somebody) has done something.

I asked on the Unicode mailing list, let's see what that brings.

Btw, I also am not sure the rest of the Tai Viet text there is
correct; for starters, there's no such thing as "the Tai Viet
language": the script is used for several languages.  Likewise with
the greeting text: couldn't verify it with a few similar samples I
found.  (Once we figure all that out, we should add an entry to HELLO
with the same greeting, btw.)