Subject: bug#5804: sort --human

From: Michal Svoboda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 19:32:18 +0200

Jim Meyering wrote 1206 bytes:
> ;-)
> Perhaps he meant that it works as documented:
> 
>   `-h'
>   `--human-numeric-sort'
>   `--sort=human-numeric'
>        Sort numerically, as per the `--numeric-sort' option below, and in
>        addition handle IEC or SI suffixes like MiB, MB etc (*note Block
>        size::).  Note a mixture of IEC and SI suffixes is not supported
>        and will be flagged as an error.  Also the numbers must be
>        abbreviated uniformly.  I.E. values with different precisions like
>        6000K and 5M will be sorted incorrectly.

I see, I wasn't aware of the "Note". In that case, it is suitably
described as "this will sort whatever the other coreutils give you when
you use -h".

Michal Svoboda