Subject: Re: A bug in file-dynamic-info used by validate-runpath in gnu-build-system and others.

From: Lukasz Olszewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 13:23:27 +0200

After further troubleshooting it appears the elf binary might be
malformed. I've tried to run the executable on another machine and ld
complained like this:
$ ./FileStoreTest
./FileStoreTest: ./FileStoreTest: no version information available
(required by ./FileStoreTest)
./FileStoreTest: ./FileStoreTest: no version information available
(required by ./FileStoreTest)
./FileStoreTest: ./FileStoreTest: no version information available
(required by ./FileStoreTest)
./FileStoreTest: ./FileStoreTest: no version information available
(required by ./FileStoreTest)
./FileStoreTest: ./FileStoreTest: no version information available
(required by ./FileStoreTest)
./FileStoreTest: ./FileStoreTest: no version information available
(required by ./FileStoreTest)
./FileStoreTest: ./FileStoreTest: no version information available
(required by ./FileStoreTest)
./FileStoreTest: ./FileStoreTest: no version information available
(required by ./FileStoreTest)
./FileStoreTest: ./FileStoreTest: no version information available
(required by ./FileStoreTest)
./FileStoreTest: ./FileStoreTest: no version information available
(required by ./FileStoreTest)
./FileStoreTest: ./FileStoreTest: no version information available
(required by ./FileStoreTest)
./FileStoreTest: symbol lookup error: ./FileStoreTest: undefined
symbol: , version

Further testing is needed to tell if this is indeed a bug in guix not
processing a correct header, or simply failing to display a meaningful
error message.

Regards,
Lukasz