Subject: bug#58005: 13.1.4; Can't work with indirect buffers

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 18:56:58 +0900

Hi Vangelis,

>>>>> Vangelis Evangelou <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hi all.
> I'm not sure what the ideal outcome is. It depends on each user's case. In
> principle, indirect buffers have identical text content as their base
> buffer, but different view properties, so the previews not showing in the
> indirect buffer agrees with this principle. I therefore, agree with Paul's
> comment.

Thank you. Then I think AUCTeX can incorporate your proposal. Can you
make an entry for doc/changes.texi and send the diff? 

To AUCTeX admins: Do you think Vangelis'es patch needs copyright
assignment? In my opinion, it doesn't because definition of
`TeX-buffer-file-name' is straightforward and other changes are trivial
(replacements of `buffer-file-name' -> `TeX-buffer-file-name' or
additions of `(with-current-buffer (or (buffer-base-buffer)
(current-buffer))...')

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine
#Gaza #StopMassiveKilling #CeasefireNOW