Subject: Re: bug#58002: 29.1: Sokoban: obsoletion warnings in gamegrid

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 13:11:32 -0800

Dieter Deyke <[email-masked]> writes:

> Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> 22 sep. 2022 kl. 14.29 skrev Dieter Deyke <[email-masked]>:
>>
>>> Thanks for your efforts, but that patch does not silence the warnings on
>>> my system. It looks like more is needed, but I do not know how to fix
>>> it.
>>
>> That's odd. What warnings do you get with the patch applied?
>> And the usual IT support questions: Are you sure you are running the
>> right file? Did you remember to recompile it?
>> Are you sure your computer is plugged in?
>
> Obviously not.  I patched the file, loaded it into an emacs buffer, did
> an eval-buffer on it, followed by M-x sokoban. That was not good
> enough. So I deleted the .elc file, killed, and re-started emacs, and
> now everything is fine, and I stand there as a fool (but I get used to
> that).  I do not know, how your patch will affect older emacs versions,
> but if I get no negative feedback, I will apply the patch to the repo in
> a week.

Was this patch installed?  Can the bug be closed?  Thanks in advance.