Subject: Re: Shrinking frames as of past month

From: Michael Olson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:11:06 -0700

Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael Olson skrev:
>> When I replaced my Emacs binary that was compiled in February with
>> one compiled from today's CVS HEAD, I noticed some very aberrant
>> behavior WRT frames.  I haven't updated the rest of my system in that
>> time, such as libraries, so it must be due to a change in Emacs.  It
>> happens with "emacs -Q" as well, so it's not caused to my init file.
>>
>> Basically, GTK frames seem to shrink by about one character length
>> every time I do certain things such hitting viewing mail on Gnus,
>> hitting the key combination "M-x", or displaying an image by hitting
>> RET on it in dired.
>
> Does this always involves an image, or does it happen when you view
> ordinary text mail in Gnus also?

It happens when viewing ordinary text as well, particularly if there are
2 windows on the frame.

-- 
|       Michael Olson  |  FSF Associate Member #652     |
| http://mwolson.org/  |  Hobbies: Lisp, HCoop          |
| Projects: Emacs, Muse, ERC, EMMS, ErBot, DVC, Planner |
`-------------------------------------------------------'