Subject: 28.2; imenu doesn't differentiate overloaded c++ functions

From: "Chris Hecker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 04:16:55 +0000

With this dumb c++ file:
----
int Function( int n ) {
   return n;
}
int Function( float v ) {
   return (int)(v + 0.5);
}
----

Hitting imenu only gives a single Function entry.  It should probably
give two, maybe with a line number after them like "Function(123)" or
whatever.  Currently there's no way to get to the second Function from
imenu.

Thanks,
Chris

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
  of 2022-09-13 built on AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19044
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (v10.0.2009.19044.2006)

Configured using:
  'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation
  --without-compress-install CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: ENU
   locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: C++//l

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug comp comp-cstr warnings rx cl-extra
help-mode message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
auth-source eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json
map text-property-search seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils time-date subr-x misearch multi-isearch thingatpt cl-seq
imenu vc-bzr vc-dispatcher cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 124613 8089)
  (symbols 48 9959 1)
  (strings 32 30565 2202)
  (string-bytes 1 1088980)
  (vectors 16 20627)
  (vector-slots 8 384011 13594)
  (floats 8 32 290)
  (intervals 56 529 0)
  (buffers 992 14))