Subject: bug#57995: <wheel-right> with pixel-scroll-precision-mode

From: Tak Kunihiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 14:43:13 +0900

>> With pixel-scroll-precision-mode, <wheel-right> and <wheel-left> does
>> not work. Is this expected behavior?
>> 
>> 1. emacs -Q
>> 2. (setq mouse-wheel-tilt-scroll t)
>> 3. <wheel-right> or <wheel-left> scrolls buffer.
>> 4. (pixel-scroll-precision-mode 1)
>> 5. Then <wheel-right> or <wheel-left> does not scroll buffer.
> 
> Thanks for reporting this bug.  Could you please include the output from
> `report-emacs-bug', as this is likely a system-specific issue?

No buffer scroll with <wheel-right> and <wheel-left> by mouse with Mac.
I confirm that I can scroll buffer with swipe-right and swipe-left by
touchpad with MacBook.

TIA

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 5, x86_64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS
 appkit-2113.60 Version 12.6 (Build 21G115)) of 2022-09-26 built on
 DreamMini2019.local
Repository revision: 9ed03040d5bfb228c8d41f1df44e74a824d0cd44
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.6

Configured features:
ACL GNUTLS LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG SQLITE3
THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils shortdoc text-property-search help-fns
radix-tree help-mode pixel-scroll cua-base ring time-date subr-x
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 52175 5069)
 (symbols 48 5509 0)
 (strings 32 15658 2663)
 (string-bytes 1 444888)
 (vectors 16 11714)
 (vector-slots 8 175953 5557)
 (floats 8 316 76)
 (intervals 56 1096 60)
 (buffers 1000 12))