Subject: 29.0.50; .dir-locals.el

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 23:12:27 -0400

When I open in Emacs any file in Master, such as `BUGS', `.dir-locals'
itself, `COPYING', or `src/emacs.c', it asks me to approve the list of local
variables specified in `.dir-locals'.

It says that `vc-git-annotate-switches' and
`diff-add-log-use-relative-names' are unsafe.

((nil . ((tab-width . 8)
         (sentence-end-double-space . t)
         (fill-column . 70)
	 (emacs-lisp-docstring-fill-column . 65)
         (vc-git-annotate-switches . "-w")
         (bug-reference-url-format . "https://debbugs.gnu.org/%s")
	 (diff-add-log-use-relative-names . t)))

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 2.24.32, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-09-06 built on freetop
Repository revision: 2d29ee5ddedaf43ee1ee2e476810bbba06bf177e
Repository branch: master
System Description: Trisquel GNU/Linux Nabia (10.0)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-gnutls=ifavailable 'CFLAGS=-g -O0''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBOTF
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM GTK2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Mail

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: linux
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug edmacro help-at-pt goto-addr time-stamp lpr novice
rmail-spam-filter rmailedit rmailsort undigest rect shortdoc help-fns
radix-tree cl-print debug backtrace cus-start cus-load ffap conf-mode
two-column kmacro noutline outline vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
info ispell pcmpl-unix whitespace display-line-numbers dframe warnings
icons compare-w bug-reference quail tabify man make-mode
srecode/srt-mode semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope
semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db semantic/format ezimage
srecode/template srecode/srt-wy semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/ctxt srecode/ctxt semantic/tag-ls semantic/find
srecode/compile srecode/dictionary srecode/fields srecode/table
srecode eieio-base semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic pp
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func cedet
arc-mode archive-mode etags fileloop generator xref project vc-git
texinfo texinfo-loaddefs epa-mail rmailkwd jka-compr mule-util
cal-move cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs textsec uni-scripts
idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check shell
pcomplete files-x grep compile comint ansi-color rmailsum rmailout
dabbrev mailalias smerge-mode diff diff-mode log-edit ring add-log vc
vc-dispatcher misearch multi-isearch cl-extra help-mode parse-time
iso8601 vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view easy-mmode pcvs-util mhtml-mode
css-mode smie eww xdg url-queue thingatpt shr pixel-fill kinsoku
url-file svg xml mm-url gnus nnheader range wid-edit color js imenu
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs sgml-mode facemenu dom qp rmailmm message
sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs term/linux view derived disp-table advice finder-inf
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple
cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1442846 238515)
 (symbols 48 36552 19)
 (strings 32 237184 26533)
 (string-bytes 1 4415837)
 (vectors 16 87146)
 (vector-slots 8 2386852 173182)
 (floats 8 284 410)
 (intervals 56 196920 3374)
 (buffers 1000 236))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)