Subject: Re: [bug#57988] Submit New Package

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 10:33:11 +0200

On Wed, 21 Sep 2022 12:59:25 -0700
Allan Rojas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I tried to use git commit and git push, but get a 403 error. I think
> I need to send it here first before it gets accepted?
> 
> Please let me know what I need to do to move forward with submitting
> the new package. Looking forward to hearing back!

Hi Allan,

yes, direct access to the git repository is only available to
committers. If you want to submit a patch, please post it here.

The details can be found written in chapter 20 of the docs:

https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Contributing

Especially interesting might be this sub-chapter:

https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/guix.html#Submitting-Patches

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask on the
devel-mailinglist and/or on IRC.

I'm closing this non-patch now.

Björn