Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Retry nar downloads upon failure

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 08:16:16 +0200

Hello!

This is a long overdue fix for <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/57978>:
when a nar cannot be downloaded from its “preferred” location,
‘guix substitute --substitute’ will now retry once for each substitute
URL instead of failing right away.

This should address the most common issues such as transient
networking failures.

Comments?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (2):
  substitute: Split nar download.
  substitute: Retry downloading when a nar is unavailable.

 guix/scripts/substitute.scm | 157 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 tests/substitute.scm        | 113 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 231 insertions(+), 39 deletions(-)

base-commit: a09655b20850d065333ec333e6e184b604f606a8
-- 
2.37.3