Subject: 29.0.50; Emacs crashes in console, when invoked from mutt

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 23:01:19 +0300

I use mutt to send emails, but normally emacsclient. This time Emacs
server was busy, and I have invoked settings in mutt:

:set editor="emacs -Q -nw"

to use it from console.

But then when editing, Emacs crashes:

$ mutt
Fatal error 6: Aborted
Backtrace:ped                 mutt
emacs(+0x19a4c3)[0x5596d6e8f4c3]
emacs(+0x48197)[0x5596d6d3d197]
emacs(+0x486e2)[0x5596d6d3d6e2]
emacs(+0x48334)[0x5596d6d3d334]gency escape.
emacs(+0x199f28)[0x5596d6e8ef28]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(+0x428e0)[0x7f3968c498e0]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(__pread64_nocancel+0xe)[0x7f3968d1188e]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(+0x15aea8)[0x7f3968d61ea8]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(+0x15b2af)[0x7f3968d622af]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(getutid_r+0x31)[0x7f3968d61c61]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(getutid+0x33)[0x7f3968d61b43]
emacs(+0x1a78df)[0x5596d6e9c8df]
emacs(+0x1a7d7c)[0x5596d6e9cd7c]
emacs(+0x1a7f3e)[0x5596d6e9cf3e]
emacs(+0x1a8755)[0x5596d6e9d755]
emacs(+0x1a8a1d)[0x5596d6e9da1d]
emacs(+0x1aa4f8)[0x5596d6e9f4f8]
emacs(+0x1ac740)[0x5596d6ea1740]
emacs(+0x1f9236)[0x5596d6eee236]
emacs(+0x252032)[0x5596d6f47032]
emacs(+0x2084a6)[0x5596d6efd4a6]
emacs(+0x20a0a0)[0x5596d6eff0a0]
emacs(+0x252032)[0x5596d6f47032]
emacs(+0x2084a6)[0x5596d6efd4a6]
emacs(+0x2044de)[0x5596d6ef94de]
emacs(+0x2084a6)[0x5596d6efd4a6]
emacs(+0x205a6e)[0x5596d6efaa6e]
emacs(+0x252032)[0x5596d6f47032]
emacs(+0x2084a6)[0x5596d6efd4a6]
emacs(+0x18c839)[0x5596d6e81839]
emacs(+0x206d17)[0x5596d6efbd17]
emacs(+0x177c56)[0x5596d6e6cc56]
emacs(+0x206c71)[0x5596d6efbc71]
emacs(+0x177bf1)[0x5596d6e6cbf1]
emacs(+0x17efe2)[0x5596d6e73fe2]
emacs(+0x17f370)[0x5596d6e74370]
emacs(+0x50ed2)[0x5596d6d45ed2]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(+0x2d290)[0x7f3968c34290]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0x8a)[0x7f3968c3434a]
emacs(+0x513e5)[0x5596d6d463e5]

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.17.6, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2022-09-16 built on
 protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: 3c1579697ff03d3991b41ead503211cffac0998f
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Parabola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr ispell emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 42989 7602)
 (symbols 48 5282 0)
 (strings 32 15441 3035)
 (string-bytes 1 435599)
 (vectors 16 10720)
 (vector-slots 8 160870 12224)
 (floats 8 41 14)
 (intervals 56 275 0)
 (buffers 1000 12))

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/