Subject: bug#57967: closed (Re: bug#57967: 29.0.50; pixel-scroll-precision-interpolate-page: no scroll after PageUp at bob)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 12:42:02 +0000

Your bug report

#57967: 29.0.50; pixel-scroll-precision-interpolate-page: no scroll after PageUp at bob

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
57967: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=57967
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#57967: 29.0.50; pixel-scroll-precision-interpolate-page: no scroll after PageUp at bob
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 20:41:13 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks!

So I guess that means the bug has been fixed for you too?
Nice, I'm closing this bug then.  Thanks for testing.

Subject: 29.0.50; pixel-scroll-precision-interpolate-page: no scroll after PageUp at bob
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 00:09:44 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Evaluate this in emacs -Q:

  (progn (setq pixel-scroll-precision-interpolate-page t)
         (pixel-scroll-precision-mode))

Now go to a long page like `C-h i', press PageUp and then PageDown.
It doesn't scroll down.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-09-20 built on joffe
Repository revision: e5de29aa47e96f675b7f4ef3a7f84bd30d68ea0f
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: sv_SE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  isearch-fold-quotes-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/skangas/wip/emacs/lisp/linum hides
/home/skangas/wip/emacs/lisp/obsolete/linum

Features:
(shadow sort hashcash mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils comp
comp-cstr warnings icons rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode
cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv pixel-scroll cua-base
ring subr-x info rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 87247 6999)
 (symbols 48 7676 0)
 (strings 32 22670 3029)
 (string-bytes 1 712522)
 (vectors 16 17086)
 (vector-slots 8 312066 17496)
 (floats 8 85 126)
 (intervals 56 3470 19)
 (buffers 1000 13))