Subject: Re: bug#57965: Problem with freecad substitute

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 12:27:49 +0100

Aleksandr Vityazev <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 2022-09-21, 09:26 +0100, Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Assuming you're using a recent revision of Guix, boreaux.guix.gnu.org
>> should be in the default substitute URLs and default authorized-keys.
>>
>> If you're still having problems, sharing the contents of /etc/guix/acl
>> as well as the arguments the guix-daemon is running with will help.
>>
>
> ...
>
> As I said, installing with substitutes of all but two packages,
> telegram-desktop and freecad, works fine.

Your ACL and guix-daemon arguments look fine.

Caching is one possibility, /var/guix/substitute/cache/ is usually where
substitute information gathered up by the guix-daemon is stored. It
could be that the absence of this output has been stored. You could try
deleting the contents of /var/guix/substitute/cache/.

Otherwise, dealing with the outputs directly does make debugging this
easier. If you compute the derivation, that contains the output near the
top. You can then ask guix build to substitute it.

→ guix build --no-grafts -d freecad
/gnu/store/q3pka0ql599z85zdy507fh8vrabaz5lp-freecad-0.20.1.drv

→ cat /gnu/store/q3pka0ql599z85zdy507fh8vrabaz5lp-freecad-0.20.1.drv
Derive([("out","/gnu/store/yxys4jxxgyllblm31244r2l23wvkjpv2-freecad-0.20.1","","")]...

→ guix build --substitute-urls=https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org /gnu/store/yxys4jxxgyllblm31244r2l23wvkjpv2-freecad-0.20.1