Subject: Re: bug#57960: [PATCH core-updates] gnu: libxkbcommon: Switch to gexp; adjust style.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 22:43:11 +0200

Hi Felix,

Felix Lechner <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From f07e9206be342f3e9769fe3dc14124b14444f139 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 09:47:35 -0700
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: libxkbcommon: Switch to gexp; avoid hardcoding inputs.
>
> * gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm (libxkbcommon): Switch to gexp.
> [arguments]: Avoid hardcoding inputs and locate them via relative
> paths instead.

Applied, thanks!

As a rule of thumb I agree that formatting changes should not be lumped
together with other changes as that can hinder review.

Regardless, I think a patch like this one should not be blocked for
weeks for such tiny issues.  Insisting on a rigorous process and
conventions is important when it helps us all work together, but it’s a
problem when it hinders cooperation.  As reviewers, we must strike for a
balance that’s reasonable for everyone involved.

Ludo’.