Subject: [bug#57960] [PATCH core-updates] gnu: libxkbcommon: Switch to gexp; adjust style.

From: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 03:16:29 -0700

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 2:03 AM Liliana Marie Prikler
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Try to avoid mixing cosmetic and non-cosmetic changes.

Thanks for the suggestion! I did last time [1] but the core-updates
maintainer seemed to prefer otherwise. [2]

In addition, I was not sure whether to use the formatter from the
'master' branch or from 'core-updates', or whether it made a
difference.

A patch without 'guix style' is attached to this message.

As a side note, my position is that 'guix style' should be applied to
the code base whenever the formatter is changed, and not when
functional changes are being submitted by individual contributors.

[1] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=57872#5
[2] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=57872#10

> the formatter isn't doing the best job here.

Do I have a choice? I believe there is a requirement to run 'guix
style' when submitting patches. [3]

[3] https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html

> This change is unnecessary.

I respectfully agree. The formatter made that change, too.

Kind regards
Felix Lechner