Subject: bug#57959: closed (Re: bug#57959: 29.0.50; build error on gnulinux)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 15:28:02 +0000

Your bug report

#57959: 29.0.50; build error on gnulinux

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
57959: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=57959
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#57959: 29.0.50; build error on gnulinux
From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
To: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 15:26:56 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>> This should now be fixed on master.  Can you please check, and tell us 
>> if it's indeed fixed?
>
> Thanks.. now it is working... sorry for the delayed reply. My home paint 
> work taken all the time last week.
>

No worries!  I'm therefore closing this bug.

Subject: 29.0.50; build error on gnulinux
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 23:57:42 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After commit 7c8a131984ab47349381975dead1712ae25ae2c6, I am facing the
following build errors. I am on Debian 11.5. GCC version is "gcc (Debian
10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110".

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  CC       lcms.o
  CC       inotify.o
  CC       profiler.o
  CC       decompress.o
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/pankaj/work/gnu/emacs/doc/lispref'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pankaj/work/gnu/emacs'
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/pankaj/work/gnu/emacs'
  CC       thread.o

  "make all" failed with exit status 2.
  You might try to:
  - run "make bootstrap", which might fix the problem
  - run "make V=1", which displays the full commands invoked by make,
    to further investigate the problem

make[2]: *** [Makefile:405: advice-on-failure] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pankaj/work/gnu/emacs'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:370: all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

And in the end

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Loading leim/leim-list.el (source)...
Loading emacs-lisp/rmc...
Waiting for git...
Waiting for git...
Finding pointers to doc strings...
Finding pointers to doc strings...done
Pure-hashed: 18151 strings, 5678 vectors, 51500 conses, 5105 bytecodes, 343 others
Dumping under the name emacs.pdmp
Dumping fingerprint: bd993bbc95e14ea95ffcafb5602fe09cb3b277658ac7afa3ee74b60c60411a0b
Dump complete
Byte counts: header=100 hot=7916068 discardable=149240 cold=3782688
Reloc counts: hot=450388 discardable=5286
Adding name emacs-29.0.50.1
Adding name emacs-29.0.50.1.pdmp
cp -f emacs.pdmp bootstrap-emacs.pdmp 
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pankaj/work/gnu/emacs/src'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pankaj/work/gnu/emacs'
make: *** [GNUmakefile:95: install] Error 2
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-09-19 built on anant
Repository revision: c791f3669800188b32b9b5b7feec6ab73adfddd1
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/pankaj/.local'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220915.1511/transient hides /home/pankaj/.local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow emacsbug gnus-html url-cache cus-start gtags-mode calc-alg
calc-ext calc-menu calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs completion
gnuplot-context gnuplot info-look mhtml-mode css-mode js sgml-mode
facemenu ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar org-agenda ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox cl-print
help-fns radix-tree preview reftex-dcr reftex reftex-loaddefs
reftex-vars tex-bar toolbar-x latex latex-flymake tex-ispell tex-style
tex-mode latexenc bug-reference magit-extras face-remap magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func edebug
magit-diff smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit magit-core
magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor
magit-mode transient edmacro kmacro magit-git magit-base magit-section
compat-27 compat-26 term/xterm xterm sh-script smie executable bookmark
cal-move tabify org-capture org-refile shr-color flow-fill qp mailalias
smtpmail bbdb-message sort smiley gnus-cite mm-archive mail-extr textsec
uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check
gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table hl-line cursor-sensor utf-7
nndraft nnmh nnfolder nnml bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com epa-file
network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache .gnus dabbrev misearch multi-isearch etags
fileloop php-mode mode-local speedbar ezimage dframe php-face php
php-project grep gnus-dired dired-aux display-line-numbers markdown-mode
conf-mode tramp-cache time-stamp prettier nvm f f-shortdoc shortdoc s
iter2 yaml-mode cl-extra ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo ol-docview doc-view image-mode wallpaper xdg exif
ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi autorevert mule-util
jka-compr vc-hg vc-git diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle
editorconfig-fnmatch desktop frameset checkdoc elec-pair init my-init
kunji hdfc org-element avl-tree generator org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-plantuml ob-sql ob-css ob-js ob-java ob-C cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
ob-python ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp ob-comint
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol org-keys oc
org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message sendmail yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mm-decode mm-bodies mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader mail-utils range erc-join solar cal-dst cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs delight server modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes
ef-dark-theme ef-themes eglot array filenotify jsonrpc ert ewoc debug
backtrace find-func flymake-proc flymake pcase plantuml-mode dash cider
tramp-sh cider-debug cider-browse-ns cider-mode cider-find
cider-inspector cider-completion cider-profile cider-eval cider-jar
arc-mode archive-mode cider-repl-history pulse cider-repl cider-resolve
cider-test cider-overlays cider-stacktrace cider-doc cider-browse-spec
help-mode cider-clojuredocs cider-eldoc cider-client cider-common xref
cider-connection cider-util color cider-popup easy-mmode sesman-browser
nrepl-client tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration cus-edit
cus-load warnings icons wid-edit files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete
parse-time ls-lisp queue nrepl-dict spinner sesman vc vc-dispatcher
clojure-mode lisp-mnt align imenu parseedn parseclj-parser parseclj-lex
parseclj-alist editorconfig rust-utils rust-mode rust-playpen
rust-compile compile rust-cargo rust-rustfmt font-latex tex dbus xml crm
texmathp corfu which-key exec-path-from-shell bbdb bbdb-site timezone
dictionary dictionary-connection python project mml-sec mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr epa
derived epg rfc6068 gnus-util text-property-search epg-config
erc-services erc-networks erc-goodies erc-backend erc erc-compat compat
compat-macs iso8601 time-date pp format-spec erc-loaddefs add-log
cc-vars cc-defs sql view thingatpt comint osc ansi-color ring finder-inf
auctex-autoloads tex-site bbdb-autoloads cider-autoloads
clojure-mode-autoloads corfu-autoloads debbugs-autoloads
delight-autoloads denote-autoloads docker-compose-mode-autoloads
dockerfile-mode-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads eglot-autoloads
ement-autoloads exec-path-from-shell-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads
go-mode-autoloads graphql-mode-autoloads groovy-mode-autoloads
gtags-mode-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads json-mode-autoloads rx
json-snatcher-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
marginalia-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads nov-autoloads
esxml-autoloads kv-autoloads parseedn-autoloads parseclj-autoloads
php-mode-autoloads plantuml-mode-autoloads plz-autoloads
prettier-autoloads editorconfig-autoloads nvm-autoloads f-autoloads
iter2-autoloads queue-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads s-autoloads
sesman-autoloads spinner-autoloads svg-lib-autoloads
taxy-magit-section-autoloads taxy-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
dash-autoloads transient-autoloads tree-sitter-langs-autoloads
tree-sitter-autoloads tsc-autoloads vertico-autoloads
which-key-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads
yaml-mode-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib early-init rmc
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1450245 166128)
 (symbols 48 66546 2)
 (strings 32 314216 16368)
 (string-bytes 1 9038557)
 (vectors 16 144318)
 (vector-slots 8 2555102 217269)
 (floats 8 1107 554)
 (intervals 56 13867 5660)
 (buffers 1000 91))