Subject: Some details about why and see if there is no other solution.

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 14:58:52 +0200

I am trying to get a vosk package to work for guix.
The build process is a bit tricky with replaced dependencies etc.

The team from vosk uses a version where they replace fortran by having
both openblas and clapack in libraries (which is incompatible in the
base kaldi configuration, so they have their own fork).

I don't know why exactly the library should be called from another
place, but when compiling kaldi with clapack, I get the following
message (and siblings):

ld: /gnu/store/yvc2w9mg554y6i4frvahjhacj0np9c7s-clapack-3.2.1/lib/liblapack.a(ssptrf.c.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

I actually does work when recompiling with this flag, but I've also read
that it might make the package a bit slower.

In case it might help to answer, here's where I am for this package,
although not done yet (I still do have to untangle some ffi segmentation
fault issue) :
https://git.sr.ht/~ngraves/dotfiles/tree/main/item/packages/vosk.scm

What is the best option / course of action ?

-- 
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves