Subject: Re: [bug#57952] [PATCH] gnu: Add guix-send-email.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 23:16:50 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, 21 Sep 2022 at 13:02, Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I suppose I didn't explain the package well in the description, but the
> purpose was to (a) create a simple guix extension to serve as an example
> for other people, and (b) to "solve" the case of "oops, I wrote guix
> send-email instead of git send-email".

The example I prepared for the lightening talk was:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(define-module (guix extensiosn hello)
  #:export (guix-hello))

(define-command (guix-hello . cmd-line)
  (category plumbing)
  (synopsis "hello world")

  (display (G_ "Hello, world!")))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

where the ’plumbing’ category could any other.  Even, we could introduce
a special category name ’extension’.

Running another program (as ’hello’ or anything else) could also fit
another good example.

Cheers,
simon