Subject: [bug#57952] [PATCH] gnu: Add guix-send-email.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 18:56:13 +0200

Am Mittwoch, dem 21.09.2022 um 13:02 +0300 schrieb Efraim Flashner:
> I suppose I didn't explain the package well in the description, but
> the purpose was to (a) create a simple guix extension to serve as an
> example for other people, and (b) to "solve" the case of "oops, I
> wrote guix send-email instead of git send-email".
> 
> It's also not an extension that I personally would see myself
> installing.
> 
> I would be happy to change it into a cookbook entry, starting with
> (display "Hello World"), moving to (apply system* %hello/bin/hello
> args) and finally guix-send-email to add an example with needing a
> bit more complexity but still understandable. Or guix-vacuum-
> database, to wrap vacuuming /var/guix/db/db.sqlite in a guix
> extension.
In that case I do think it'd be better as a cookbook entry, but I'm
also low-key hoping that if there's serious interest in a guix send-
email, that the etc/teams stuff is merged into that.

Cheers