Subject: bug#57948: [PATCH] Avoid 'frame-local-ref' errors when printing backtrace.

From: Andrew Whatson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 13:36:20 +1000

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> It would be great if you could add a simple test case though, so that
> the bug doesn’t eventually come back to haunt us.
>
> Could you send an updated patch?

Ah yes, getting this covered in a test is on my list.  I had trouble
writing a reproducer previously, I think the bug might only occur in a
nested compilation context (top-level error compiling a dependency
module), but I'll have another go.

> PS: BTW, it’ll be great to have more patches from you!  :-) To that end,
>     please check out the new Guile copyright policy and let us know what
>     option you’d like to choose:
>     <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2022-10/msg00008.html>.

I have already assigned copyright of my work on Guile to the FSF,
happy for that to remain.

That said, I'm glad to see this requirement being eased!

Cheers,
Andrew