Subject: Re: [bug#57945] [PATCH] gnu: wpa-supplicant: enable OWE support

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 21:14:56 +0200

On 20-09-2022 01:59, Andreas Rammhold wrote:
> +           (add-after 'configure 'enable-owe
> +             (lambda _
> +               (let ((port (open-file ".config" "al")))
> +                 (display "CONFIG_OWE=y\n" port)
> +                 (close-port port))
> +               #t))

(1) Why not do this in the 'configure' phase instead?
(2) Trailing #t in phases aren't required anymore since a long time, you 
can remove them.
(3) You are not a committer (and you are the author), so you can't 'push 
the commit on behalf on somebody else'.  From (guix)Commit Access:

    When pushing a commit on behalf of somebody else, please add a
‘Signed-off-by’ line at the end of the commit log message—e.g., with
‘git am --signoff’.  This improves tracking of who did what.

The other meaning of 'Signed-off-by' I'm aware of, is for 'Developer 
Certificate of Origin', but we don't do DCO in Guix (and if we did, it 
would be mentioned in the contributing guidelines somewhere).

Greetings,
Maxime.