Subject: 29.0.50; Build error at commit 97b928ce09d6034ebcb541fb548e5d4862302add

From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 17:02:32 +0200

In the emacs-28 branch at commit
97b928ce09d6034ebcb541fb548e5d4862302add:

$ make
[…]
./temacs --batch  -l loadup --temacs=pbootstrap \
	--bin-dest /usr/local/bin/ --eln-dest /usr/local/lib/emacs/28.2.50/

process.c:8337: Emacs fatal error: assertion failed: lib_child_handler != dummy_handler
Fatal error 6: Aborted
Backtrace:
./temacs(+0x217141)[0x55555576b141]
./temacs(+0x1dfe67)[0x555555733e67]
./temacs(+0x29176f)[0x5555557e576f]
./temacs(+0x342488)[0x555555896488]
./temacs(+0x1e2cf8)[0x555555736cf8]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xcd)[0x7ffff62f781d]
./temacs(+0x41fea)[0x555555595fea]
make[1]: *** [Makefile:868: bootstrap-emacs.pdmp] Aborted (core dumped)

The backtrace is quite short:

(gdb) bt
#0  terminate_due_to_signal (sig=6, backtrace_limit=2147483647) at emacs.c:400
#1  0x00005555557e576f in die (msg=0x55555598c000 "lib_child_handler != dummy_handler", file=0x555555989a10 "process.c", line=8337) at alloc.c:7486
#2  0x0000555555896488 in init_process_emacs (sockfd=-1) at process.c:8337
#3  0x0000555555736cf8 in main (argc=9, argv=0x7fffffffd698) at emacs.c:2291

(gdb) bt full
#0  terminate_due_to_signal (sig=6, backtrace_limit=2147483647) at emacs.c:400
#1  0x00005555557e576f in die (msg=0x55555598c000 "lib_child_handler != dummy_handler", file=0x555555989a10 "process.c", line=8337) at alloc.c:7486
#2  0x0000555555896488 in init_process_emacs (sockfd=-1) at process.c:8337
        source = 0x555555f8fc10
        lib_child_handler_glib = 0x5555557d96ab <xputenv+24>
        i = 21845
        sockname = XIL(0x7fffffffd450)
#3  0x0000555555736cf8 in main (argc=9, argv=0x7fffffffd698) at emacs.c:2291
        stack_bottom_variable = 0x7ffff680dba0 <_gnutls_log_level>
        no_loadup = false
        junk = 0x0
        dname_arg = 0x0
        ch_to_dir = 0x0
        original_pwd = 0x0
        dump_mode = 0x7fffffffdaf1 "pbootstrap"
        skip_args = 1
        temacs = 0x7fffffffdaf1 "pbootstrap"
        attempt_load_pdump = false
        rlim = {
          rlim_cur = 10022912,
          rlim_max = 18446744073709551615
        }
        lc_all = 0x0
        sockfd = -1
        module_assertions = false

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.34, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-09-19
Repository revision: f735aa0f3954750df799fce3452b56e5bdac2184
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux rodete

Configured using:
 'configure --enable-gcc-warnings=warn-only
 --enable-gtk-deprecation-warnings --without-pop --with-mailutils
 --enable-checking=all --enable-check-lisp-object-type --with-modules
 'CFLAGS=-O1 -ggdb3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fsanitize=address
 -fsanitize=undefined''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP
SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_TIME: en_DK.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug phst skeleton pcase ffap thingatpt url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs json map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cconv url-vars rx message sendmail mailcap yank-media dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader gnutls puny elp dbus xml subr-x compile
text-property-search comint osc ansi-color ring cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 68182 8433)
 (symbols 48 8255 2)
 (strings 32 23192 2972)
 (string-bytes 1 705723)
 (vectors 16 16237)
 (vector-slots 8 215917 22460)
 (floats 8 45 49)
 (intervals 56 261 0)
 (buffers 1000 11))

-- 
Google Germany GmbH
Erika-Mann-Straße 33
80636 München

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Liana Sebastian
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich.  Falls Sie diese fälschlicherweise erhalten haben
sollten, leiten Sie diese bitte nicht an jemand anderes weiter, löschen Sie
alle Kopien und Anhänge davon und lassen Sie mich bitte wissen, dass die E-Mail
an die falsche Person gesendet wurde.

This e-mail is confidential.  If you received this communication by mistake,
please don’t forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and
attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person.