Subject: bug#57931: closed (Re: bug#57931: September 2022 i686 big breakage)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 08:39:02 +0000

Your bug report

#57931: September 2022 i686 big breakage

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
57931: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=57931
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#57931: September 2022 i686 big breakage
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 10:38:09 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Denis,

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I'm adding you to this bug report because we happened to have made
> similar patches that were implemented separately[1].
>
> While it's really good that the fixes went in, it's not ideal to have
> duplication of work, so in order to avoid further duplication of work
> I'm adding you to this bug report.

Oops, my bad; I had completely overlooked this patch series of yours.
Apologies!

> The patch for upower is not needed anymore, and some of the librsvg
> patches are already in thanks to your work.
>
> However remains some of the patches like for GTK+ that are not in, and
> some of them might not be 100% ready (like the ones were testing is
> disabled in a not very granular way).

I’ve applied the openexr and gtk patches that are in this issue, and
with that I think we’re done.

Please let me know if you have more of these!

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: September 2022 i686 big breakage
From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 12:49:16 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

some crucial packages were made unavailable again for i686.

I'm not sure how to tackle that and I might not manage to fix it all
alone.

At least I can send the first patches I have, and then send more
patches to this bugreport.

Denis.