Subject: bug#57930: 27.2; error in process sentinel

From: Raoul Comninos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 12:38:59 +0200

Doing a find-name search in dired frequently renders this error:

error in process sentinel: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil

For example. If I want to see if there are any JPG files in my videos
folder. I invoke C-x d, then find-name-dired. Then the error occurs. I
tried this in Emacs 27 and 28.

In GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2021-03-26 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: deef5efafb70f4b171265b896505b92b6eef24e6
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.22000
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.22000.978)

Recent messages:
Omitted 2 lines.
Omitting...
Omitted 2 lines.
Omitting...
(Nothing to omit)
error in process sentinel: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil [2 times]
Mark set
<left-fringe> <drag-mouse-1> is undefined
Mark set
scroll-up-command: End of buffer

Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY W32NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENS
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  dired-omit-mode: t
  pdf-occur-dired-minor-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  dired-hide-details-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-superword-mode: t
  superword-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug sort dired-aux find-dired flyspell ispell
ol-eww eww url-queue ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnir
ol-docview doc-view ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m yasnippet greader
greader-espeak em-smart esh-mode eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc
esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util ange-ftp dired-x ox-pandoc
ht dash ox-org ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox expand-region
subword-mode-expansions text-mode-expansions the-org-mode-expansions
org-element avl-tree generator python-el-fgallina-expansions
html-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions thingatpt expand-region-core
expand-region-custom pdf-occur tablist tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/db semantic/find eieio-base semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch pdf-misc pdf-tools cus-edit
pdf-view bookmark mule-util pp jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util
pdf-macs image-mode exif iedit help-macro iedit-lib sgml-mode hi-lock
org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-python python skeleton tramp-sh tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration tramp-compat shell pcomplete
ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp ob-comint ob-core
ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs gnus-sum shr svg xml dom gnus-group
mm-url gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source imap
rfc2104 utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win gnus message rmc puny format-spec rfc822 mml url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap mml-sec epa mailabbrev
sendmail gmm-utils mailheader nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search time-date mail-utils two-column advice cl
minibuffer-complete-cycle ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs dired
desktop frameset dired-loaddefs ibuf-macs savehist saveplace recentf
tree-widget wid-edit grep cap-words superword subword delsel cus-start
cus-load autorevert filenotify sensible-defaults use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-core finder-inf info speedbar
imenu sb-image ezimage dframe package let-alist edmacro kmacro
browse-url url-handlers mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-parse auth-source
eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars epg
cl-extra help-mode easymenu seq byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile compile
files-x rx comint derived ansi-color ring cconv cl-seq epg-config subr-x
easy-mmode cl-macs inline cl-loaddefs cl-lib gv pcase tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2007846 538527)
 (symbols 48 66779 26)
 (strings 32 231222 18607)
 (string-bytes 1 7324536)
 (vectors 16 39785)
 (vector-slots 8 1187545 193892)
 (floats 8 376 295)
 (intervals 56 2402 2466)
 (buffers 1000 16))