Subject: Re: [bug#57927] [PATCH] gnu: source-highlight: Fix lesspipe file name and use gexps.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 15:22:19 +0200

Hi kiasoc5,

kiasoc5 via Guix-patches via 写道：
> This fixes src-hilite-lesspipe.sh so that lesspipe.sh is called 
> instead of lesspipe.

Thanks!  I reverted this change on master.  It caused over 4000 
rebuilds (per architecture), which means it's core-updates 
material.

You can test this yourself by running ‘guix refresh -l 
source-highlight’.  It's not perfect: it can fail to detect some 
paths, especially when inheritance is involved.  But it's a good 
sanity check.

When you notice a rebuild count higher than the thresholds given 
here[0], please add a ‘[PATCH core-updates]’ or ‘[PATCH staging]’ 
warning to your patch subject.  It reduces the chance of these 
slipping through.

> * gnu/packages/pretty-print.scm (source-highlight):
> [arguments]: Use gexps, remove trailing #ts.
> [phases]: Add phase to make src-highlight-lesspipe.sh work.

These unrelated changes should be separated into at least two 
patches next time: one to gexp and remove the #ts, the other to 
make the functional change.

‘At least’, because Gexpification often leaves the output hash 
unchanged, so a separate gexp patch might have been able to go 
straight to master.

> +    (arguments   

This introduced a whitespace error: there are extra trailing 
spaces.  Git should highlight these when showing the diff.  I 
removed them.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/guix.html#Submitting-Patches