Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] gnu: ibus: Build with GTK4.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 20:46:28 +0200

Am Sonntag, dem 18.09.2022 um 17:27 +0200 schrieb Liliana Marie
Prikler:
> * gnu/packages/ibus.scm (ibus)[arguments]: Add “--enable-gtk4”.
> [inputs]: Add gtk and pango-next.
Pushed now.

The reason this took so long was because the ibus registry really hates
me.  See also <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/22707>.  The series of
command that led me to success was

$ rm ~/.cache/ibus -rf
$ ibus write-cache
$ pkill ibus
$ ibus-setup

Note that this was more or less required thanks to a stale cache and
not due to the lack of GTK4 support; the GTK4 support just makes it so
that GTK4 apps can actually use ibus.

Hopefully there's a more sane way to do this and hopefully this isn't
required per reboot.

Cheers