Subject: bug#57911: Abolish max-specpdl-size

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 19:09:27 +0200

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Earlier today, I've got a message from you for moderator's approval. I
> did, and I have also checked the box to trust in you from now
> on. Hopefully, this is sufficient.

Here's the relevant Received headers for Mattias' that you're responding
to:

Original-Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1]:54975 helo=debbugs.gnu.org)
 by debbugs.gnu.org with esmtp (Exim 4.84_2)
 (envelope-from <[email-masked]>)
 id 1oaJLD-000589-3E
 for [email-masked]; Mon, 19 Sep 2022 12:09:51 -0400
Original-Received: from mail-lj1-f177.google.com ([209.85.208.177]:41743)
 by debbugs.gnu.org with esmtp (Exim 4.84_2)
 (envelope-from <[email-masked]>) id 1oaIoL-0001zv-Ao
 for [email-masked]; Mon, 19 Sep 2022 11:35:53 -0400

So debbugs.gnu.org got the message at 11:35:53 -0400, but sent it along
12:09:51 -0400, which is half an hour later.

It seems like half of the messages lately are like this -- they take
everything between a couple of minutes and an hour to pass through the
mailing lists at gnu.org, and it's not just affecting people with
unknown/new mail addresses.

Could it be a high load situation at debbugs.gnu.org or something?