Subject: Re: bug#57907: 29.0.50; Using keywords with cl-loop

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 12:28:18 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> It seems to me that it would be nice to support these too, as keywords
>> have the superficial advantage of being a bit more readable due to their
>> additional highlighting, and for some people it makes the macro a bit
>> more comfortable to use since it doesn't have to feel like you are using
>> a whole new language, but instead these are just keyword arguments to an
>> unusual function call.
>
> I think it'd just lead to even more confusion, since they aren't really
> keyword arguments.  Because then you'd have to say
>
> (loop ...
>       :do (progn (foo) (bar)))
>
> But you can say
>
> (loop ...
>       do (foo)
>          (bar))

Why would this be necessary?  I am not saying that `cl-loop' should be
converted into a proper keyword-macro, just that each `:foo' in a
loop-keyword position ought to be interpreted as `foo'.