Subject: Re: bug#57904: 28.2; Holding capslock key on colemak layout does not keep erasing

From: Nikita Romanyuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 13:12:11 +0300

No, it does not. Running xev shows the same behaviour. Seems like it's 
not an Emacs bug. I'll report it to Xwayland then.

Thanks for your time. Hope I don't do another bug report with this 
reply, first time using mailing lists.

On 9/18/22 10:19, Po Lu wrote:
> Nikita Romanyuk <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 21:42:37 +0300
>> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
>> --text follows this line--
>>
>> I'm running GNU/Emacs on Wayland wlroots compositor Sway, via Xwayland
>> and I'm using colemak keyboard layout which has Caps-lock key bound to
>> Backspace. I expect holding Caps-lock to behave the same as holding
>> Backspace. However, it does not. When I hold Backspace it starts erasing
>> text, until I unhold it. But when I hold Caps-lock key, it erases one
>> single character and stops. This is incorrect.
> Do the extra <backspace> events you expect reach Emacs?  You can check
> by running the following code:
>
>    (while t (message "%s %s" (float-time) (read-char)))
>
> and checking to see if the timestamp increases while Caps Lock is held
> down.