Subject: bug#57878: Minimal reproducible setup

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 17:40:50 +0200

Hi Liliana,

On Sat, 15 Oct 2022 at 16:40, Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Done.  Since I just copypasta'd the wording, I made you the author.

Oh, thanks.  (It was the news’ wording. :-))

> As for this bug: I've bumped emacs-next to a version that can inhibit
> almost all native-compilation (trampolines are still compiled, but not
> written to the cache), fixed the linker issue, and disabled native
> compilation for emacs-ido-completing-read+.  Any remaining native-comp
> issues or can this be closed?

Closing is fine with me; well I do not have a opinion on that. :-)

Just to be sure, do you mean an emacs-next version which includes the
upstream Lars’s patches?  The ones that Eli and Andrea are calling to be
reverted?

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Sorry as changeset I meant 5fec9182db + f97993ee66.  I'm not against
e245c4f226.

[...]

Again 5fec9182db + f97993ee66 are IMO not useful / wrong, they were not
discussed and are just a step backward.  The best change I can suggest
is to revert them now.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

from <https://yhetil.org/emacs-devel/[email-masked]/>

Cheers,
simon