Subject: bug#57878: Minimal reproducible setup

From: "Thompson, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 20:15:50 -0400

Hello Konrad and Liliana,

On Mon, Sep 19, 2022 at 5:16 AM Konrad Hinsen
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I did one more test: run native-compile by hand on each elisp file in
> the package ido-completing-read+. Works fine.
>
> The next question that I consider relevant: is this an upstream (Emacs)
> issue, or an issue created by packaging in Guix? That's not easy to
> answer.

I just got bit by this and lost a bunch of time trying to get my
system stable again.  I am leaning towards this being an upstream
issue as it is also affecting Debian users [0].  Unfortunately, they
do not seem to have found a solution.  I haven't checked the Emacs bug
tracker/mailing lists so I don't know if upstream is working on or has
a fix for this.  I will be sticking to a pre-commit
dbcba75c0e96d8eb2b0bf9dbb3a49d15b38f80d2 version of Guix for the time
being.  There may be many more people affected that have not reported
in.  Is disabling native compilation an option on the table?

- Dave

[0] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1017817