Subject: bug#57877: [PATCH] Add empty X-Debbugs-Cc header to bug report template

From: Daniel Martín <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 11:31:30 +0200

Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]> writes:

> Tags: patch
>
> I can never remember what that funny CC header was when I need it, how
> about adding an empty X-Debbugs-Cc to the bug report and patch message
> templates?
>
> An alternative would be to add a reminder and explanation about it to
> that portion of text that gets deleted (“This bug report will be
> sent...”).
>

I think this change may confuse some users because there will be a blank
X-Debbugs-Cc header when reporting a bug (they'll ask themselves "what
should I put here?, what does this do?").  I think we should update the
bug template to explain when to fill that special mail header, at least.

But, if the problem is not general enough, we may simply expose a custom
variable so that users can provide custom headers in bug reports.  With
that approach, sending bug reports to Emacs by default remains as simple
as before, while experienced bug reporters can still provide the mail
header in their customizations, if they want to.

Opinions?