Subject: bug#57877: [PATCH] Add empty X-Debbugs-Cc header to bug report template

From: Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 13:45:50 +0200

On Sat, 17 Sep 2022 at 11:31, Daniel Martín wrote:

> Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Tags: patch
>>
>> I can never remember what that funny CC header was when I need it, how
>> about adding an empty X-Debbugs-Cc to the bug report and patch message
>> templates?
>>
>> An alternative would be to add a reminder and explanation about it to
>> that portion of text that gets deleted (“This bug report will be
>> sent...”).
>>
>
> I think this change may confuse some users because there will be a blank
> X-Debbugs-Cc header when reporting a bug (they'll ask themselves "what
> should I put here?, what does this do?").  I think we should update the
> bug template to explain when to fill that special mail header, at least.
>
> But, if the problem is not general enough, we may simply expose a custom
> variable so that users can provide custom headers in bug reports.  With
> that approach, sending bug reports to Emacs by default remains as simple
> as before, while experienced bug reporters can still provide the mail
> header in their customizations, if they want to.
>
> Opinions?

That makes sense.  From my perspective either (or both) alternatives you
propose are good.