Subject: 29.0.50; Missing calc-loaddefs.el

From: Richard Day <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 22:34:14 +0100

Load emacs using 'emacs -Q'

Then type:
M-x calc

Calc does not start, an error message is reported:
Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, calc-loaddefs.el

Information in *Messages* buffer:
autoload-do-load: Cannot open load file: No such file or directory,
calc-loaddefs.el
Checking for load-path shadows...
Checking 275 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp...
Checking 40 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/vc...
Checking 30 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/url...
Checking 54 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/textmodes...
Checking 86 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/progmodes...
Checking 25 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/play...
Checking 123 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/org...
Checking 22 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/nxml...
Checking 78 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/net...
Checking 25 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/mh-e...
Checking 42 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/mail...
Checking 1 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/leim...
Checking 41 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/language...
Checking 56 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/international...
Checking 11 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/image...
Checking 105 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/gnus...
Checking 31 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/eshell...
Checking 37 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/erc...
Checking 17 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/emulation...
Checking 101 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp...
Checking 11 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/cedet...
Checking 31 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/calendar...
Checking 44 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/calc...
Checking 57 files in /usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/obsolete...
Checking for load-path shadows...done

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-09-15 built on lcy02-amd64-014
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 '--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
 '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 --disable-option-checking --disable-silent-rules
 '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --disable-maintainer-mode
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --program-suffix=-snapshot --with-modules=yes --with-x=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets=yes --with-pgtk=yes 'CFLAGS=-g
 -O2
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs-snapshot-VBdbzK/emacs-snapshot-108847=.
-flto=auto
 -ffat-lto-objects -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -flto=auto
 -ffat-lto-objects -flto=auto -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rect calc-macs rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 39232 9184)
 (symbols 48 5453 0)
 (strings 32 13977 1647)
 (string-bytes 1 394260)
 (vectors 16 9636)
 (vector-slots 8 150672 10031)
 (floats 8 22 22)
 (intervals 56 254 0)
 (buffers 1000 10))