Subject: [bug#57861] [PATCH] gnu: Add ultrastar-deluxe.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 15:37:09 +0200

On 17-10-2022 15:28, ( wrote:
> On Mon Oct 17, 2022 at 2:25 PM BST, Maxime Devos wrote:
>> That's still a circular dependency.  Why import (gnu packages pascal)
>> when you don't need it (e.g. when installing another, non-pascal,
>> package)?  There is some bug report on the excessive dependencies among
>> Guix modules with some proposed solutions.
> 
> Wouldn't using #:autoload be a cleaner way that still lazily resolves the variables?
> 
>      -- (

Possibly, I proposed this in
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/54539#28>.  I tried this in 
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/54539#62> for a few package modules, with a 
relatively small but noticable improvement (presumably it would be more 
improved by doing it for all package modules instead of only a selection 
and presumably it would be more noticable on a spinning disk instead of 
an SSD).

Greetings,
Maxime.