Subject: [bug#57858] [PATCH] gnu: git-annex: Promote git to propagated input

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 11:29:52 +0200

Hi,

On lun., 17 oct. 2022 at 10:07, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> What made me opt for git as a propagated input is that (1) it works just
>> fine and (2) there isn't much you can do with git-annex without having
>> git as well. git is even the official user interface of git-annex.
>
> Yeah, that sounds reasonable: I’d have made the same suggestion as
> Maxime but any improvement here is welcome.

We are usually not propagating.  For example, emacs-magit or git-lfs or
etc.

>From my understanding, this change is not coherent with other parts.

About (2), what do you mean Konrad?  Is ’git-annex’ not working as
expected?  Well, ’git annex’ is a shorthand for ’git-annex’ and I
thought this ’git-annex’ is self-contained; for which operations
’git-annex’ depends on the ’git’ binaires?

Cheers,
simon