Subject: bug#57832: virt-manager broken due to broken GtkSource dependency

From: Rick Huijzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 16:02:53 +0200

Hi,

Since virt-manager 3.2.0 I cannot use the package anymore. Any action in
the GUI results in the following traceback:

```console
$virt-manager --debug

[Thu, 15 Sep 2022 15:55:10 virt-manager 17690] DEBUG (cli:195) Uncaught
exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/gnu/store/976nmhmzaqfk4cim7q0h8x7f5z5api12-virt-manager-3.2.0/share/virt-manager/virtManager/xmleditor.py",
line 11, in <module>
    gi.require_version("GtkSource", "4")
  File
"/gnu/store/b07y8a2axslnz97pjdg7lp73xwk1gf8w-python-pygobject-3.40.1/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gi/__init__.py",
line 129, in require_version
    raise ValueError('Namespace %s not available for version %s' %
ValueError: Namespace GtkSource not available for version 4

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/gnu/store/976nmhmzaqfk4cim7q0h8x7f5z5api12-virt-manager-3.2.0/share/virt-manager/virtManager/manager.py",
line 455, in new_vm
    from .createvm import vmmCreateVM
  File
"/gnu/store/976nmhmzaqfk4cim7q0h8x7f5z5api12-virt-manager-3.2.0/share/virt-manager/virtManager/createvm.py",
line 30, in <module>
    from .storagebrowse import vmmStorageBrowser
  File
"/gnu/store/976nmhmzaqfk4cim7q0h8x7f5z5api12-virt-manager-3.2.0/share/virt-manager/virtManager/storagebrowse.py",
line 11, in <module>
    from .hoststorage import vmmHostStorage
  File
"/gnu/store/976nmhmzaqfk4cim7q0h8x7f5z5api12-virt-manager-3.2.0/share/virt-manager/virtManager/hoststorage.py",
line 16, in <module>
    from .createpool import vmmCreatePool
  File
"/gnu/store/976nmhmzaqfk4cim7q0h8x7f5z5api12-virt-manager-3.2.0/share/virt-manager/virtManager/createpool.py",
line 18, in <module>
    from .xmleditor import vmmXMLEditor
  File
"/gnu/store/976nmhmzaqfk4cim7q0h8x7f5z5api12-virt-manager-3.2.0/share/virt-manager/virtManager/xmleditor.py",
line 14, in <module>
    gi.require_version("GtkSource", "3.0")
  File
"/gnu/store/b07y8a2axslnz97pjdg7lp73xwk1gf8w-python-pygobject-3.40.1/lib/python3.9/site-packages/gi/__init__.py",
line 129, in require_version
    raise ValueError('Namespace %s not available for version %s' %
ValueError: Namespace GtkSource not available for version 3.0
```

I will happily provide more information if necessary

-- 
Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick Huijzer