Subject: 29.0.50; Emacs thinks native-compiled function in ielm is in `C source code'

From: Andrew John De Angelis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 01:10:18 -0400

- 'emacs -Q'
- 'M-x ielm'
- define a function (I tried a couple different variations),
like:
' (defun my-func ()
 "simple function to test something"
 (message "hello"))'
- 'C-h f my-func' shows "my-func is a Lisp closure." correctly
- in *ielm*, run:
'(native compile #'my-func)'
- now, 'C-h f my-func' shows "my-func is a native-compiled Lisp function in
‘C source code’."

This is the simplest path to showing the bug, but I've basically seen it
everytime I native-compile a function I just defined. I guess Emacs
(appropriately) can't find the file the function is defined in, so it
assumes it is in the C source code.
Thanks for all your work!!

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS
appkit-2022.70 Version 11.6.7 (Build 20G630)) of 2022-09-06 built on
andrews-air.lan
System Description:  macOS 11.6.7

Configured using:
'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.0.50/share/info/emacs
--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.0.50 --with-xml2
--with-gnutls --with-native-compilation --without-compress-install
--without-dbus --with-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg
--with-xwidgets --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-Os -w
-pipe -march=nehalem -mmacosx-version-min=11
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk'
'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/zlib/include -I/usr/local/opt/jpeg/include
-I/usr/local/opt/icu4c/include -I/usr/local/opt/[email-masked]/include
-I/usr/local/opt/readline/include -F/usr/local/Frameworks
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk'
'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/zlib/lib -L/usr/local/opt/jpeg/lib
-L/usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib -L/usr/local/opt/[email-masked]/lib
-L/usr/local/opt/readline/lib -L/usr/local/lib -F/usr/local/Frameworks
-Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM XWIDGETS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: IELM

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date shortdoc text-property-search
thingatpt help-fns radix-tree cl-print ielm pp cl-loaddefs comp
comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra help-mode
cl-lib comint ansi-color ring term/xterm xterm byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal kqueue cocoa
ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 101667 9152)
(symbols 48 7849 0)
(strings 32 24558 2350)
(string-bytes 1 735766)
(vectors 16 15364)
(vector-slots 8 300818 8705)
(floats 8 79 567)
(intervals 56 339 0)
(buffers 1000 15))