Subject: Re: bug#57804: An infinite loop in a `fontify-region' function causes Emacs to hang indefinitely

From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 16:44:36 +0000

>
> My attitude is explained by my general experience with Emacs itself and 
> reporting any problems I have had with it. Sometimes everything went out 
> fine, but far less often than I would have hoped.
>

We're all doing our best to improve Emacs in our free time.  It is 
unreasonable to expect that everything would go fine (with your own 
definition of "fine") in all cases.  It would not be reasonable to expect 
that from a private company, either.

>
> You may see me as a jerk,
>

I do not.

>
> I suspect your "help" was to the tune of "instead, you should just...".
>

That's a rather strange conclusion.  I already told you thrice that a 
simple way to fix your problem is to set long-line-threshold to a larger 
value (or to nil).