Subject: Re: bug#57804: An infinite loop in a `fontify-region' function causes Emacs to hang indefinitely

From: Paul Pogonyshev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 18:19:18 +0200

My attitude is explained by my general experience with Emacs itself and
reporting any problems I have had with it. Sometimes everything went out
fine, but far less often than I would have hoped. You may see me as a jerk,
I see most Emacs developers as unhelpful and not willing to take into
account real problems when those don't affect them personally. Doesn't
matter "who started first", that's just how it is.

I suspect your "help" was to the tune of "instead, you should just...".
That I won't miss, I have had a lot of "help" of this kind on StackOverflow.

So there.

Paul

On Thu, 15 Sept 2022 at 18:08, Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
> >
> > You either accept that there _might_ be something you haven't thought
> > about, you have never discovered or simply never needed. Or you don't.
> > Then you just say: "Do it this way! For me it's enough, therefore it
> > _must_ be enough for everyone. Or if it's not it's their problem and I
> > don't care.".
> >
>
> May I perhaps tell you that your attitude isn't exactly encouraging anyone
> to help you?  I tried to give you some advice in reply to your previous
> paragraphs, and deleted everything after reading that one.
>