Subject: Re: bug#57804: An infinite loop in a `fontify-region' function causes Emacs to hang indefinitely

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 20:32:39 +0200

> Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 17:35:35 +0000
> From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
> cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
>     [email-masked]
> 
> By the way, can you tell me what "in due time" means?  It means "before 
> Emacs 29 is released", which will happen only in a couple of months, 
> right?

If I need to do this, I planned on doing it in the next week or two.  I
don't think we should wait much longer, because these instructions need to
be subject to the release-cycle testing together with Emacs itself.

> The background of that question is that I'd like to explore a few 
> things in that area before writing the NEWS entry.

If you have considerable doubt what to write, it is fine to wait a bit
longer than a week or two.  But please also consider writing soon what we
know now and later augmenting it given the experience and the feedback.  I
would definitely like to see this out in the open as soon as we practically
can.

TIA